Monday, September 2, 2013

Big Talkers: IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness (Neutralizing Correcting Cream)

Left Half: Bare Skin, Right Half: Spot Concealed with B.B.R. (No Other Face Makeup)
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness (Neutralizing Correcting Cream) ($32 from Birchbox)

What it Claims: Based on the names, IT Cosmetics has a lot of faith in their products. Like the Brow Power Pencil, this too claims to be a universal shade. In addition, it's supposedly full of skin care ingredients like peptides and collagen that with continued use, should reduce redness even when you're not wearing this product. This also claims to hydrate and to last all day.

What it Does: Basically, this is a pigmented, creamy concealer that would work for most light/medium skin tones. It's slightly more beige/yellow-toned than my other face makeup but somehow manages to blend in well. When I apply it to parts of my face that are lighter (like my neck), I can see that it doesn't match. For that reason, I wouldn't recommend it for those with fair skin (NW/NC 10-15). I don't find it hydrating or drying but it has enough initial slip to blend evenly and easily. It kind of clings to dryness, however still less so than other high-coverage products. It sets to a matte finish in under a minute and lasts about 8 hours before it starts to fade. 

Bottom Line: I genuinely do enjoy it and would definitely repurchase. I feel it does a better job at hiding redness than my concealers and it only takes a rice-sized amount to spot cover any trouble areas.

For Reference: I'm an NW25 in MAC & "Rose Ivory" in Laura Mercier

No comments:

Post a Comment