Sunday, March 10, 2013

Shopa-Haul-It


True to shopaholic form, I somehow found myself at the mall this weekend. One thing led to another, and several pennies later… I came home with a few new products.


Mac Fix+: Kind of a cult-classic and something I’ve been meaning to try for a while. I work pretty long hours and a makeup setting spray is practically a necessity, right?

Mac Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Lady at Play: A vibrant red/coral that’s really wearable. The formula is super moisturizing, lasts for hours, and doesn’t crease.

Mac Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Divine Choice: I actually went to Mac planning on getting Saint Germain but the S.A. kept talking this line up. It’s quite different from SG but, so far, I love this.

Kat Von D True Romance Pigments in Meditation: This was definitely an impulse buy, mostly due to the $5 sale price. I was actually looking for a dupe of UD’s “Toasted” and while this isn’t it… I’ll definitely be able to get some use out of it. 


(Left: Meditation. Top-Bottom: Divine Choice, Lady at Play, Miami Pink)
Mac Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage: After seeing this in Jacyln Hill’s video Mac Essentials I really wanted to try it. Do I have a perfectly good primer, yes, but the slight shimmer in this really got me hooked.

Sephora Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Miami Pink: The formula of this is really similar to my Nar’s Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil. It’s a light baby pink that's comfortable and quite sheer.

Make Up For Ever 5 Camouflage Palette Cream in N°01: This is the concealer palette that’s light and includes the green corrector. I needed a new cream concealer and I figured with 5 shades there was a good chance that even I could find a color to match.

Sephora France Sampler for Her: I’m addicted to these boxes. Basically, for $50 you get a bunch of samples and a voucher for a full-size bottle of one featured fragrance. This one says it has a retail value of $105 dollars (doubtful) but still well worth it considering many of the scents are around the $60-range in full size. This particular box contained the following fragrances:
  •        BVLGARI Omnia Crystalline redeems to a 1.37 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
  •        Chloé Chloé redeems to a 1 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
  •        CLEAN Skin redeems to a 2.14 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
  •        ESCADA Especially Escada reedeems to a 1 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
  •        Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia redeems to a 1 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
  •        Gucci Flora by Gucci redeems to a 1 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
  •        Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh redeems to a 2.5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
  •        Paco Rabanne Lady Million redeems to a 1 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
  •        Philosophy Love Sweet Love redeems to a 2 oz Fragrance Spray
  •        Stella McCartney L.I.L.Y redeems to a 1 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
  •        Tocca Cleopatra redeems to a 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, Lady at Play looks right up my street. I've just discovered that there's a MAC store in a town that's quite close to me whereas I used to travel about 2 hours to what I thought was the nearest store. Pretty exciting for me but less so for my bank balance! x Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my blog! Yeah, up until a year ago the only Mac product I had was a Pro Longwear Concealer but so far I'm really loving everything of theirs I've tried-- especially the lipsticks. Usually I feel a like a bit of a drag queen in lipsticks but not with those lol.

    ReplyDelete