Friday, April 12, 2013

Give Me Lip: Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté in 29 (Opera Rose)

(An hour after application)

My relationship with this lipstick has pretty much been an emotional roller-coaster (dramatic, I know). At first I hated it, mostly because initially it smelled like a mix of pickles and perfume-- a scent that doesn't really do it for me. However, after a few uses, the "pickle" scent went away and I was left with that faint fruity/tropical scent that YSL uses with their lip products. 

The color was a little more orange than the pictures Sephora had posted of it which was disappointing at first but I'm actually really attached to it now. It feels so silky and light on your lips-- a trait that is really hard to find in a pigmented lipstick. When compared to the Rouge Volupté Shine (RVS) collection, these are silkier but do not smell quite as nice. I think they're both equally comfortable to wear but I think I prefer RVS, only because it doesn't settle into creases at all. 

If you're looking for a luxurious product, I highly recommend these. Lastly, the packaging is to die for! Even applying it at work makes me feel a little glamorous... and that feeling is exactly why I love makeup so much. 

1 comment: