Monday, May 27, 2013

Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil


 I mentioned in an earlier post (comparing Nuxe and Jack Black's lip balms) that I wanted to try the Hourglass Lip Treatment No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil ($42 for 0.25 oz.). Well, due to my total lack of self-control and fickle nature, I went out and bought it the next day. I've been using it for nearly three weeks, so I feel comfortable saying that this stuff is extravagant amazing. I don't think that it's a necessity, but it blows every other lip treatment product out of the water. It sounds dramatic, I know, but when I put this on at night, I wake up with new lips. I have the horrible habit of chewing my lips (gross, I know) and this is the first product that I feel actually heals my lips faster than I can destroy them. 

It has an herbal scent (you'll know its on but I don't personally find it off-putting. Also, don't lick your lips as it tastes really herbally and bitter. It feels very similar to the Jack Black lip balm until you put it on your lips and it quickly melts to a smooth, yet slightly thick, oil. You push down on the lever (see photo) to dispense the product and I find that it only takes less than half a pump to thoroughly coat your lips. This has a gold-plated tip, which apparently acts as an antiseptic and gives a nice cooling effect (that could likely be achieved with any other metal tip). It also has a good lasting power, but not as long as with the Jack Black or Nuxe products. When I put the Hourglass lip treatment on at night, I wake up with hydrated, plump lips, but I can’t feel any of the product still on.

Barneys describes the product as the following:
"An advanced anti-aging treatment for lips that combines botanicals, vitamins and three powerful active ingredients in a supremely luxurious oil blend. No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil hydrates, rejuvenates and regenerates the delicate lip area by boosting moisture levels, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, and improving lip shape, volume and softness. Equipped with an opulent 24-karat gold-plated tip—it’s the gold standard for lips."

I personally have no evidence that it has any anti-aging effects or that it "[improved] lip shape" although it definitely improves lip’s texture. It is a fantastic product that I'd recommend to anyone with severely chapped lips who's tried other products without sufficient results. I figure if I’m lucky I’ll probably get around 40+ uses from it, which would make it about $1 per application—which is insane. I’ll try to only use it at times when my lips really need it... but we all know how little restraint I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment