Saturday, August 17, 2013

Drugstore Dupes for YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in Fuchsia in Rage (19)

(Left to Right: Revlon "Lovesick", Maybelline "Hot Plum", YSL "Fuchsia in Rage")
While taking pictures of the YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in Fuchsia in Rage (19) I couldn't help but notice how similar it is to two other fuchsia lip products that I own. I'm definitely kicking myself for not picking up a more unique color from YSL but such is the life of a beauty blogger. While the colors are similar I think the formula of the YSL far surpasses that of both the Maybelline and the Revlon. However, I'm not sure that's enough to justify the price difference. If I were to only pick one to keep it would definitely be the YSL but to finish all of them I'd have to rock fuchsia lips consistently for the next few years.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in "Lovesick": This un-balmy "balm" is the only one of the bunch with noticeable shimmer (that makes it feel the tiniest bit gritty). The shimmer wears off after a couple hours and leaves behind the longest lasting stain of the bunch (around 7 hours on me). It has a strong minty scent and is $8.99 from Ulta.
Maybelline Vivid in "Hot Plum": The most opaque, least glossy, and heaviest feeling of the bunch. It's also the only one of the bunch that is unscented. At $7.49 from Ulta, it's also the cheapest. Like the others, it leaves behind a lip stain that lasted around five hours on me. On the downside, I found that this is the only one the accentuated any lip dryness.
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in Fuchsia in Rage (19): This is definitely my favorite of the lot and I genuinely feel that you get what you pay for both in product and in packaging. It's comfortable, smooth, glossy, and the stain it leaves wears around 4-5 hours. Full review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment