Sunday, August 4, 2013

Benefit Brow Zings Review (Medium)


(Indoor) Left to Right: Wax only, Powder only, Wax/Powder mix, Wax with Powder on Top
(Outdoor) Left to Right: Wax only, Powder only, Wax/Powder mix, Wax with Powder on Top
I purchased the Benefit Brow Zings in "Medium" last week with the Ulta 20% off coupon. Normally though, this kit is $30. It includes a brow wax (left), powder (right), mini Benefit tweezers (which are terrible), mini angled brush, and mini blending brush. At first I was leaning more towards the shade "Light", but the sales associate (SA) recommended Medium. The "Light" shade was definitely lighter than it appeared and took more product and time to get results, so I went with "Medium".

The color of the brow wax in the kit is nearly perfect for me and thankfully not too warm-toned. The SA recommended dipping the brush in the wax and powder then applying it to your brows. However, the mix of wax/powder just seems too dark for me. So I guess the first reason this doesn't work for me is the shade. I wish their shade range included something between the "Light" and "Medium". The other reason for my inevitable split with Brow Zings is the longevity of wear. I'm not an especially sweaty Betty but after 4-5 hours this has faded significantly, especially over the part of my brow that has a small scar. When I applied the wax with powder overtop it lasted 5-6 hours which was longer than any other method. Ultimately, I won't repurchase this and wouldn't recommend it for people that need a long-wearing brow product or for those that need to fill in sparse/bare areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment