Saturday, August 10, 2013

Birchbox August 2013 (USA)



I couldn't be bothered to wait for the Ipsy bag to arrive before posting so I'll just be reviewing Birchbox and Ipsy boxes separately this month. 

Jasmine Seven Fresh Feet Wipes: Not exactly something I would expect in a beauty box, however, these came in really handy. I was SO tempted to say they came in "feety"... but alas, I have a little self-control. Anyways, wearing sandals in the summer seems to be synonymous with having dirty feet. I don't think these are worth $25.95 but I'm glad I tried them out.

It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product: I really love this stuff and use it every time after washing my hair. I don't know that it does too much, but it does cut down on some frizz and I'd like to think it is an effective heat protectant.

Dr. Jart Premium BB Cream: I've tried several of the BB creams in the Dr. Jart line... this was about as good as any of them. I don't think it's as good as the Smashbox Photo Ready BB Cream but this is perfect for traveling.

Anne Taylor Coupons: If you enter the promotional code  "Birchbox" online at anntaylor.com you can get 20% off one item or 30% off of two items. Definitely one of the more useful coupons I've received from Birchbox.

TanTowel Classic Formula Self-Tan Towelettes: This was ok. I've seen it around but never had much of a desire to purchase. I was worried that it would take more than one towel to cover my entire body. I found that the one towel covered both my legs evenly but I don't like the color as much I do the Xen-Tan line... the TanTowel was a little too orange and had a stronger self-tanner smell.

ModelCo Party Proof Matte Lipstick in "Kitty": This isn't matte by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, it's both glossy and shimmery. That said, the formula on this is alright. I can feel the shimmer particles when I rub my lips together and it has an artificial cherry scent. It's pretty sheer as well, which likely has something to do with the color (which I actually really like).

I loved the mix of products in this month's box! While I didn't fall head-over-heels in love with anything new, I didn't get any "duds".

No comments:

Post a Comment