Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Beauty Subscription SmackDown: June 2013

From the Ipsy bag,  I really enjoyed the Chella Ivory Lace Highligher Pencil. It's completely replaced my nude Rimmel eyeliner and my NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Milk". The formula is really creamy and stays put for over 5 hours in my waterline. Mostly though, I just like the versatility of it. I'd been thinking about trying the Psssst! dry shampoo for awhile and was really happy to see it in my bag this month. So far, I'm really liking it. It doesn't leave that weird dry powder feeling like the Big Sexy Hair dry shampoo and it smells like coconuts. It's not the strongest dry shampoo out there but it's a decent quick fix. The formula on the Starlooks lip pencil is quite nice and it's a full-sized (like the NYX blush). I received it in the shade "Tipsy" which is a true rose color. The NYX Mosaic Powder (also full-sized) came in the shade "Dare" which is bronzer that's half warm brown and half pink/burgundy. Not a shade I would have picked but I'm happy to give it a go.

From Birchbox the standout product was definitely the ColorClub polish in "Barcelona". It's a neon salmon/coral color and the formula is pretty good for being as bright as it is. The amount of product in the shampoo sample is really impressive however, I don't think it's anywhere near as nice as the Pureology shampoo/conditioner I'm currently using. There was definitely a citrus theme in this months box as everything from Davines and the suki cleanser all smelled like lemon cleaning products. The suki cleanser is also sugar-based which makes me a little nervous to put it on my face. Also, Caroline Hirons of Beauty Mouth has pretty much scared me away from any "foaming" cleansers.

Between both boxes there were several really good products! Between the two though, I think Ipsy won this round. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment