Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Things We Won in a Blog Sale


(Swatched/Displayed in the Order That They are Mentioned Below)










I've been obsessed with Bastille's music lately, particularly the song "Things We Lost in the Fire". So the title of this post is definitely a reflection of that. I've been lurking over on http://muablogsales.wordpress.com and I can't get over how much cheaper it is to buy secondhand makeup (a decent amount of things are unused). I was a little leery of buying makeup that someone else had touched but I sanitized everything multiple times before using it and made sure I was up to date on my shots. What can I say—I’m a daredevil.


The NARS duo in "Brunes" (retails for $34, paid $20): This duo consists of a gorgeous, matte, dark gray with taupe undertones and a dark slightly shimmery slate-gray navy. The compact was in great condition and both shades looked as if they'd only been swatched. As for the product itself, it is super pigmented (not really buttery) and took a little work to blend. In general, NARS shadow formula isn't my favorite but I've still gotten quite a bit of use from this and the colors are gorgeous!

Eyeliner Lot: This was a ridiculously good deal! New, these liners all together would have retailed for over $283 and I paid $40. A majority of the shades were shimmery brown and bronze shades, which is right up my alley. There were a few standout products from this bunch that I'll probably review in greater depth later.
       Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in "Jungle"(retails for $24)
       Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in "Bourbon" (retails for $19)
       Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in "Brown Copper" (retails for $20)
       Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow in "2E" (retails for $20)
       Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in "11L" (retails for $18)
       NARS Eyeliner Stylo in "Carpates" i.e. black (retails for $27)
       Sue Devitt Eye Intensifier Pencil in "Laos" (retails for $22)
       Chantecaille Gel Liner Pencil in "Bronze" (retails for $33)
       Le Métier de Beauté Precision Liquid Eyeliner "Burnt Sienna (retails for $42)
       Le Métier de Beauté Precision Liquid Eyeliner in "Bark" (retails for $42)
       MAC Eye Kohl in "Costa Riche" (retails for $16)

Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain Jewel Lipstick Compact in “Garconne 25” (retails for $49.50, paid $30): This is a line that I’ve been wanting to try for awhile but hadn’t sprung for. The formula on this is amazing—definitely my favorite of all time. I usually don’t spring for a red lip, but this classic red will be the first one I reach for. It leaves behind a stain, which lasts forever. The packaging is so luxurious but despite having a built-in mirror, it’s not travel friendly.  It has a magnetized closure that would easily open up inside a purse.

All together, I paid $90 for $366.50 worth of products… insane! I think I just found my new favorite way to buy makeup.

Have you bought any makeup from a blog sale? If so, which sites did you go through?

No comments:

Post a Comment