Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Gettin' Swappy with It: UK Beauty Swap


If I did anything with the amount of dedication I devoted to reading British beauty blogs I would no doubt, be quite accomplished. Currently though, this hobby only helps me come up with new and clever ways to spend money.
One day, while reading another blog, I was lucky enough to stumble upon a link to Cosmetic Debris and it was love at first site (seriously, go check it out)! Anyways, Becky mentioned how she was dying to try an American beauty product and I knew there were a ton of British products that I’ve been lusting after. One thing led to another and eventually we set up a swap. Here’s a link to the products she received.




Left: Apocaliptic, Right: Stellar
Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic and Stellar 
It seems as if every blogger and vlogger alike has at some point mentioned Rimmel Apocalips and I didn’t see any news of them coming to the U.S. anytime soon. I ended up picking the shades Apocaliptic and Stellar and I can’t wait to (hopefully) try more later. There are plenty of reviews out there but I would best describe them as a lip stain with a heavily pigmented gloss topcoat. They can be a bit tricky to apply but I found if I built the color up in thin layers I got an awesome effect.


Soap and Glory’s Sexy Mother Pucker in Fuschia-ristic:
How could you not appreciate the name of this product?! I first heard about it via Fleur De Force and couldn’t resist. It smells like a really soft vanilla and isn’t alarming at all once on your lips. It’s definitely sheer and more moisturizing than Revlon Kissable Lip Stains (but not as pigmented). Definitely love this product and I keep it in my purse.
Collection 2000 Concealer in Fair:
Damn you, Pixiwoo for introducing me to another product that I can’t live without! As far as liquid concealers this one is great. I’m pretty pasty but this was still just a tad too light for me. However, formula wise, I really liked it.
Sleek Brush by 3 in Lace:
This was a suggestion by Becky and I’m so glad she mentioned it. She may not feel the same way after trekking all over looking for it, but it’s definitely appreciated! I absolutely adore this set. Every shade is pigmented and blends like a dream. The middle shade is a good dupe for NARS Orgasm. However, I actually prefer the texture of the Sleek blush.
Topshop Lipstick in Ohh La La:
This was another great suggestion from Becky. This is the first Topshop makeup product I’ve tried and I was really impressed! It’s super pigmented and stayed for about four hours while I was at work.

















I don’t think I’ve ever been as excited to receive a package in the mail! Becky took the time to do an amazing and adorable packaging job that put mine to absolute shame… to the point that I feel I should redeem myself with another swap. You know, just to make things right J.

6 comments:

  1. What lovely picks! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had good help :)
      Literally, right after I emailed you back tonight it started snowing here too... disgusting lol

      Delete
  2. Seriously, I want to try all that lip color. I am in need for some fun new shades and these look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're seriously all amazing-- I wish they carried them over here!

      Delete
  3. Apocalips are insanely good, it's a shame you can't get them in the US. Big Bang is my favourite but Stellar comes a very close second!

    Ambi xx

    Bombay Rose www.bombayrose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they'll make it here soon-- they're amazing. Like a lip gloss/stain/stick all in one. I haven't tried Big Bang but I've got another swap in the works that will include the one in Nova. I can't get enough of them!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete