Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Oops!... I Did it Again: Shopa-Haul-It

No, I didn't play with your heart. What I did do, was go to Sephora. I initially went to return the Origins Super Spot Remover which effectively removed my top layer of skin and left the pimple, but one thing led to another (again) and here we are...





Too Faced, Better than False Lashes:
Every time I go to Sephora I look this over but I'm too much of a germaphobe to put any of the store samples on my eye, so I went for it. I know this has a lot of mixed reviews but I figured I would give it a try and I'm really glad I did. I know this isn't going to be for everyone and it does run the risk of looking "spidery" but if you only apply the fibers to the lash tips the results are actually pretty good. The mascara that it comes with is a really wet formula and won't be winning any awards for length or volume but when paired with the fibers... some sort of magic happens. I'll give this a few weeks and if I'm still liking it, I'll do a separate post on it.

Fresh Gift Set:
This included the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Berry, Fresh Lip Polish, Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, and the Fresh Mascara. Had I seen that online they have this gift set I probably would have gotten it instead. I love all of the Lip Treatments and mentioned one in The Used post. The lip polish feels really similar to the DIY ones with brown sugar and olive oil. I'm glad I tried it but probably won't be repurchasing. The Fresh Soy Face Cleanser promises to hydrate (yes) and firm (I have no idea). It's a really gentle cleanser and works perfectly with a Clarisonic. I'd say the mascara is fair, but nothing worth rushing to the store to get.
L'Occitane, Hand Cream in Vanilla:
Simply put, I love this. Super moisturizing, not sticky, and smells delicious.

Clarisonic, Sensitive Brush Head Replacement:
They recommend changing the brush head every three months... doubtful. The other one was looking a little rough but I'll still use it for small areas or a mani/pedi.

Twistband, Hair Tie:
I got the headband in my Birchbox and decided to get another.

Samples: Generally, I don't really care about the samples that people haul but these two are both worth mentioning. First, Origins VitaZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer with Mangosteen (which is slightly tinted) and both light and moisturizing. I would definitely think about purchasing in the future. Second, I got the Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream in Light/Medium. This could hardly pass as a "light" shade but it is really nice. It's more pigmented and yellow than my Smashbox BB Cream but still lets your skin breathe and look like skin. Again, definitely something I would think about purchasing.

Urban Decay, Naked Basics:
You could throw a cat in a crowded room and it would land on someone who owned this palette. I'm a little late to the party on this one but I'm so glad I broke down and got it. I've used this palette exclusively since I bought it. I love neutral and primarily matte looks so this was perfect for me. The shimmer in the cool-toned "Virgin" shade is really subtle and perfect for your inner corner. It's pretty difficult to find pigmented and non-powdery matte shades and this palette definitely delivers. I can see myself repurchasing this (which would be a first for an eye shadow palette). If they made another version with ever more matte neutral shades it would definitely be a HG product for me.

Chloé Eau de Parfum:
Another scent that may not appeal to everyone, but I really love it. To me it smells like a powdery rose. I mentioned this in my first Shopa-Haul-It posting and I used the voucher from the Scent Sampler for this. 

NeoStrata Oily Skin Solution AHA 8 (Purchased on Amazon):
I've wanted to try the Alpha H Liquid Gold but this one has a stronger concentration of AHA. I've heard it takes a while to see the full effects of it but so far, it hasn't taken my skin off, which is an improvement from the Origins Super Spot Remover. I use this as a toner at night after cleansing and before a few spritzes of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir.

Bath & Body Works:
This kind of stuff doesn't particularly thrill me to read about on other blogs but nonetheless I thought it deserved to be included. They had hand soaps on offer for 5 for $25 and mini-candles were 3 for $10. The antibacterial hand soaps are in Kitchen Lemon, Japanese Cherry Blossom, and Wildberry Dahlia. The candles are in Tiki Beach (smells like coconuts) and Beach Cabana (sweet & clean smelling).

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe I've never thought of re-using my Clarisonic brush heads for mani/pedi purposes. Thanks for the revelation! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The idea of throwing them away made me want to weep haha. I would totally recommend trying the Fresh Lip Treatment or Buxom's Big & Healthy Glosses (I can't remember if either of them are available in the UK).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Chloe perfume is my absolute favourite! Jealous of your Urban Decay Naked palette, I want one!

    Ambi x

    Bombay Rose www.bombayrose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm such a sucker for a good rosey scent.
      I would totally recommend the Naked Basics if you can get ahold of it. I put off buying it for a while but I've used it every single day.

      Jillian

      Delete