Friday, April 12, 2013

Beauty Subscription SmackDown: April 2013

(One Coat of Sation)
(Two Coats of Sation)
(Three Coats of Sation)

(Left: Sweet Cheeks, Right 2: Heartache Duo Eyeshadow)
LaFace Laboratories BEAUX YEUX Beautiful Eyes Concentrate Intensive ($160 for 1 oz.): This was a good sized sample, especially for something that's so pricey. It has a typical eye cream texture and contains hyaluronic acid, peptides, and apple stem cells. It's supposed to work on dark circles, hydration, and fine lines. I thought it was good, definitely, but I doubt I would purchase the full size.
Caudalie Divine Oil ($49 for 100 ml.): This dry oil truly smells divine and absorbs quickly. I didn't find it to be very moisturizing though but I might consider buying the full size to spritz on my décolletage and arms. 
Supergoop!® Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream ($32 for 1.6 oz.): I'm addicted to trying new CC creams so I'm really happy this was in my box. I still prefer the Smashbox BB Cream to this though. 
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle ($21.95 for 8 oz.): Really nice, but again, I prefer It's a 10 Miracle Leave In Conditioner to this. It's supposed to be a heat protectant, detangler, and hydrator. 
Hail Merry Macaroons ($5 for a pack of 2): These are vegan, gluten-free, and are low-temperature dehydrated (which protects the nutrients). I actually gave these to my mom, who loved them. They're a good, hearty, desert that taste strongly of chocolate and coconut. They also have them in Strawberry.
Ipsy 
Be a Bombshell Sweet Cheeks blush ($16): This is definitely a deluxe-sized sample and really pigmented. It's similar in texture to Lorac blushes. This particular shade is a highly shimmered pink and I actually think I'll get a lot of use from it. This is definitely my favorite thing in this month's bag.
Two Cosmetics Heartache Duo Eyeshadow ($5.75): I don't see myself wearing this as eyeshadow-- and from what I read on makeuptalk this formula may not be approved for eyes. Either way, I only see myself using this as blush.
Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Nourishing Styling Treatment ($21.95): This contains Moroccan Argan Oil that claims to make your hair shiny and help treat moisture, frizz, smoothness, elasticity. I really liked this, and definitely preferred it to the Beauty Protector that came in this month's Birchbox. Still, nothing beats It's a Ten Miracle Leave In Conditioner
Sation Nail Lacquer Of Corset I'll Call You ($5): It's a decent polish and came in the full size. In the pictures above you can see how it applies after each coat without a base or top coat. Overall, if you like the color you would probably like the formula of the polish.

Overall, they were good boxes. I think that this month Birchbox offered better products but smaller sample sizes than Ipsy. I'm definitely not canceling either subscription any time soon! What do you think about this month's boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment