Monday, April 29, 2013

Gettin' Swappy with It (Again): UK Beauty Swap

MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder
(Collection Shimmer Shades in Blushalicious)
(Left to Right: MUA Lipstick in #13, Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in #15, MUA Lipstick in #4)
(MUA Undressed Palette)
(Sleek Bush by 3 in Pumpkin; Shades Left to Right: Pie, Squash, & Lantern)
(Cadbury Creme Egg)
(MaxFactor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick in Subtle Coral)

There's nothing like a good swap-- especially when you're trading for products that aren't readily available in your country. Plus, it's totally guilt-free shopping when you're buying for someone else ;) When Emma from Glossy Boutique mentioned in a post that she was looking for someone from the US to do a swap with-- the impulsive person in me quickly messaged her. We each mentioned a few products that we were looking for and the rest was a surprise. When this arrived in my mailbox, by the time I walked up the driveway I was already into the box and sorting through all the amazing products.

MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder: An iridescent champagne powder highlighter that applies quite sheer but is easily build-able. I love how it's pressed into a design very reminiscent of Mac's Extra Dimension Collection. 
Collection Shimmer Shades in Blushalicious: Add "icious" to the end of any word and I'm hooked (Case-in-point my blog name). This is a quad blush set of well-pigmented shimmery shades. Being a big fan of pink blushes, I can definitely see myself getting a lot of use out of this.
MUA Lipsticks in #13 & #4: In terms of quality and packaging, these are really similar to lipsticks from NYX but for only  £1! They both have a light sheen to them, are really comfortable to wear, and are identical to the color thats on the packaging. 13 creates a true red lip with 1-2 swipes. 4 gives you a great baby pink lip without being difficult to apply like some light lipsticks. It's a little more sheer than 13, but I actually prefer that in lighter formulas. 
Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in #15: I was totally impressed with this formula. It's really hydrating and gives a high-gloss finish. It's definitely more of a blue-toned red than MUA in #13 and makes your teeth look a little whiter.  
MUA Undressed Palette: This palette definitely is considered to be a dupe for Urban Decay's Naked Palette. Since my Naked Palette is no more, I was really excited to get this bad boy. For the £4 price point-- it's an amazing deal. I think the formula is better than NYX's Nude on Nude Palette (Which is also meant to be a Naked dupe). The high glitter shades do have a bit more fallout but all the shades are decently pigmented. 
Sleek Blush by 3 in Pumpkin: I'm so in love with this palette in "Lace" that I was thrilled to open up another one in Pumpkin! Unfortunately, the "Pie" shade had a bit of a rough trip across the pond but still has a lot of life left. 
Cadbury Creme Egg: Because, what UK swap would be complete without a Cadbury product?
Max Factor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick in Subtle Coral: This product reminds me a lot of Soap & Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker without the scent and maybe a little more sheer. Definitely comfortable to wear and very purse-friendly. 
Baylis and Harding England Body Wash in Wild Rose and & Raspberry Leaf: I'm slightly
completely obsessed with rose scented anything so this body wash was right up my ally. The raspberry scent keeps it from smelling too mature and it's just strong enough to leave you with a slight scent for the first part of the day. Love this. 


I love everything and am thoroughly jealous of all the great products that are available in the UK. I would gladly give up all my Babylips for a few Bourjois products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment